Monday, February 21, 2011

The Return of the Hitchcock Blondes - Fall 2011

I am absolutely captivated by the idea of the Hitchcock Blonde.  The beautifully sharp, yet icy lady who exuded class and style.  Perhaps I'm drawn to her - as a fellow blonde - because she wasn't the clueless blonde that so many prefer to portray.  She was strong yet delicate and never failed to beguile her leading man.  See a couple of my favorites below:


Kim Novak in Vertigo

Tippi Hedren in The Birds

Eve Marie Saint in North by Northwest
And, of course, there is the ultimate Hitchcock Blonde - Grace Kelly.  Still one of the most influential style icons to ever grace the silver screen.  Serious glamour!

Grace Kelly in Dial "M" for Murder

In Rear Window

And - perhaps my favorite movie of all time - To Catch a Thief.

While this lady has heavily influenced fashion designers for years, I think one of the best interpretations I've seen was the Donna Karan Fall 2011 show.  With classic, ladylike tailoring and luxe materials (fur, cashmere and silk) it was one of my absolute favorite shows.  Now, THIS is how I want to dress this fall!






Beautiful draping, nipped in waists and luxurious fur all in an icy palette.  I think it's fall perfection.  And, I hope I'm not the only one walking around town with a scarf draped around my head.  After all, if we're going to be Hitchcock Blondes this fall, we must maintain an air of mystery and glamour!

XO, RC

No comments:

Post a Comment