Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bring on the Spring - Rainbow Bright!

 One of the things I love most about spring fashion is the color!  I know that sounds crazy coming from me, a girl who generally seems to find herself in head-to-toe black.  But, it's true!  Nothing says spring like a light, bright wardrobe.  Generally this is done through bold prints a la Missoni or Pucci.  But, this season it's all about the mixing of vivid solids. A Turquoise blouse with a bright green skirt or hot pink pants with a saffron blazer.  While this could easily veer into clown territory, keeping the accessories minimal and adding something neutral (a nude blouse or shoes) will keep you chic.   Also, to keep your look luxe, be certain that you mix and match quality materials in classic cuts. Here are a few of my favorites from the runway:

Aquilano + Rimondi - Spring 2011
Burberry - Spring 2011

Loewe - Spring 2011
Gucci - Spring 2011

Nina Ricci - Spring 2011
Maxmara - Spring 2011
And here is my take on the trend. A gauzy royal puple blouse with a dupioni hot pink skirt....it's enough fabulous color to make me retire my black staples!  Bring on the Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment