Thursday, January 13, 2011

Washington DC - Inspiration

Beginning the process of packing for a trip is always the most difficult to step. Once I find inspiration for my outfits, I can get on a roll and the suitcase basically packs itself.  This inspiration always comes from my destination.  That's not to say that I completely change my style according to what everyone else will be wearing.  Instead I merely let it influence my fashion choices.  That being said, Washington DC often poses a bit of a challenge for me.  The city's style leans decidedly toward preppy while my style generally leans more toward all-black, spike-heeled fierceness.   So, when looking for inspiration I remembered one of my favorite ads from this holiday season.  Although, I have to admit, I have not worn Hilfiger since my junior high days, this ad campaign certainly makes me reconsider.   

Loving the girls to the left in all khaki.  And the duck boots on the girl with the pup would be perfect for those snowy DC days.

Very Kennedy.

I think the trench in the middle would be perfect for strolling the streets of Georgetown

Pretty sure this is what my daughter will look like....huge sunglasses and stylish pout.

More to follow from DC!

XO, RC

No comments:

Post a Comment