Sunday, January 16, 2011

Golden Globes - What will they wear?

Awards season is one of my favorite times of year.  It is so exciting to see fashion come alive and walk the red carpet on our favorite glittering stars.  It's also exciting, for me, to make some predictions.  No, not on who will win what.  (I leave that to my movie obsessed better half).  Instead, I am solely focused on what new fashion trends will be created, what hairstyles are most popular, and what new fashion moments will occur that we will remember for years to come.  I predict that color will be a major player this year like it hasn't been in the past.  The runways were full of vibrant, beautiful hues that would make for some serious red carpet eye-candy.

Gucci  - Spring 2011

Prada - Spring 2011

Lanvin - Spring 2011

Zac Posen - Spring 2011

Oscar de la Renta - Spring 2011

Elie Saab - Spring 2011
Also, I think we will see some major influence from the ballet world.  Ballerinas swarmed the runways this spring (and the movie theatre in the thrillingly beautiful movie, Black Swan).  I hope this will lead many actresses to revisit the barre and don everything from flowy nude dresses to semi-tutus.


Marchesa - Spring 2011

J. Mendel - Spring 2011

J. Mendel - Spring 2011

Marchesa - Spring 2011
Chanel - Spring 2011


So, lovely readers, let's all enjoy the glamour and the fashion and meet back here tomorrow for a stylish wrap up!

XO, RC












No comments:

Post a Comment