Monday, January 24, 2011

Dress Code Obsession - Tom Ford

Happy Monday evening lovely readers!
  Another Manic Monday is winding down and I hope you all had a better one than I did....suffice it to say a beautiful cream suede dress was ruined today by a vicious lipstick attack! (OK, it was mostly my fault for being a bit clumsy with a tube of red Chanel lipstick, but it's a disaster nonetheless.) Thank goodness I always have my cashmere wrap handy. Today's outfit quickly turned into a pseudo-sari to hide the mess. So, whether your Monday was rough like mine or blissful (in which case, I'm jealous.....who has a blissful Monday?) here is a little something we can all sit back and enjoy this evening.

Tom Ford has been a longtime obsession of mine, so it should come as no surprise that I am seriously celebrating his return to womenswear! Mr. Ford, as he now prefers to be called, hosted an intimate and elegant fashion presentation to show his long awaited spring 2011 collection. Though the audience was full of the cream of the fashion crop, the true stars were actually on the runway. Mr Ford's model selections varied from Lauren Hutton to Beyonce. His reasoning for selecting these megawatt stars rather than traditional models? He says they are, "the most inspirational women in the world." I don't know about you, but watching this glamorous presentation I certainly feel inspired! So, here is to inspiration.....and a good dry cleaner!





No comments:

Post a Comment